bubble wrap, masking tape, tempera paint, squeeze bottles, brayers, paper, shaving cream (optional), a sink close by!
- tape bubble wrap with bubbles facing up all over a table
- ideally, put tempera paints in small squeeze bottles
- set brayers and squeeze bottles all along table
- squeeze a little bit (good luck) of TWO colors in one spot on the bubble wrap (I had only yellow, blue, and pink paint available to make sure their mixing would turn out pretty)
- roll paint out with a brayer
- make a print!
- repeat! (if your table is crowded, have children keep their prints paint side up on the floor near them in between prints)
- if there are a few extra minutes, add shaving cream to the table and let them mix it with the paint with their hands- great sensory experience!